These delicious gluten-free hot chocolate pancakes are the perfect breakfast treat on chilly mornings.
- 1/3 cup (41 g) cassava flour
- 1/3 cup (37 g) coconut flour
- 1/3 cup (32 g) cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk (plus additional, if needed)
- 2 oz (56 g) 70% dark chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chilled coconut cream, whipped
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the whisked egg, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add the unsweetened almond milk, about 1/4 cup (60 ml) at a time, stirring well between each addition, to create a thick batter. If needed, add additional unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, until the batter is spoonable.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on the stove over medium-low heat. (Do not grease the skillet.)
- Scoop about 1/4 cup (120 ml) of batter into the skillet and spread into a pancake. Cook for 2 minutes on one side before carefully flipping and continuing to cook until the pancake is cooked through, about 2 additional minutes.
- If desired, top the pancakes with the optional melted dark chocolate and whipped coconut cream before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 394
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 11 g