- 4 large bell peppers
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- salt to taste
- coconut oil to cook with
- parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop off the stem from each bell pepper and remove the seeds. If the pepper doesn’t stand by itself, then slice a small portion off the bottom of the pepper so that it’s flat (but try not to create a hole in the pepper).
- Sit the peppers on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute the butternut squash in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on medium heat.
- After sauteing for 5 minutes, add the chopped onions to the butternut squash and keep sauteing.
- In a separate pan, cook the ground beef in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil until it’s browned.
- Crack an egg into the ground beef and mix in.
- When the onions turn translucent, add the butternut squash and onions to the ground beef and eggs.
- Add the walnuts, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt to taste.
- Cook until the butternut squash is tender.
- Stuff into the peppers.
- Garnish with parsley (optional).