Perfectly juicy roast chicken with a zesty surprise.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Marinade the chicken pieces in olive oil, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Rub the marinade into the chicken.
- Pour the marinade into a large frying pan on high heat and fry the chicken pieces, skin down. Cook until the chicken skin is crispy.
- Place the lemon slices, shallot halves, garlic slices, and the chicken pieces into a baking pan. Pour any juices from the frying pan into the baking pan. Drizzle with additional olive oil if there’s no juices left. Season with salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Serve garnished with a scattering of fresh thyme leaves and your choice of side dishes.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 686
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 56 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 33 g