- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Combine salt and lemon zest and rub all over the chicken.
- Salt the inside of the chicken and stuff the 2 lemon halves inside along with 1/4 cup of ghee.
- Rub the rest of the ghee on the outside of the chicken.
- Place into a roasting pan. Place the lemon slices around the chicken in the pan.
- Roast for 105 minutes. Check with a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken meat is 165 F (74 C).
- If you chicken is bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the cooking time.
- Remove the pan from the oven and put up an aluminum tent around the pan to keep the heat and juices in. Rest the chicken for around 10 minutes. Then slice and enjoy!
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 43 g