Delicious treat with just the right amount of lemon.
For the base –
- 2 cups (240 g) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
For the filling –
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the base ingredients (almond flour, ghee, lemon juice, and vanilla extract). Roll it out into a flat pastry and place into a greased 9-by-13 baking pan. Carefully press the dough so that it fills the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes to cook the base.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the filling ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- After the base has cooled, pour the filling mixture on top of the base and then place the baking pan back into the oven. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until the filling starts to solidify.
- Let cool and then cut into squares.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g