A low carb chicken sure to impress.
For the chicken:
- 3/4 cup (96 g) of macadamia nuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup (20 g) of shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons (20 g) of garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons (14 g) of onion powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into large strips
For the roasted peppers:
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Mix together the macadamia, shredded coconut, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces into the whisked egg. Then place the chicken pieces into the nut and seasoning mixture to coat it.
- Toss the sliced bell peppers in the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking tray and place the “breaded” chicken pieces on it. Place the bell pepper slices on a separate greased baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes – make sure the chicken is cooked and the pepper slices are slightly browned. Keep the peppers in the oven for longer if needed.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 531
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 39 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 29 g