- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped (for garnish)
- coconut oil to cook with
- lettuce leaves to serve with
- Saute the onions in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil until the onions turn translucent.
- Add in the ground beef and saute until the beef is pretty much cooked. Use a spatula to stir the beef to ensure it doesn’t clump together. Pour out any excess water produced during cooking.
- When the beef is pretty much cooked, add in the tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, minced garlic, cumin powder, paprika, oregano, chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lettuce wraps or by themselves.