This hearty Paleo mushroom bacon chili recipe can be as fiery as you want it to be.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of avocado oil, to cook with
- 2 lbs (900 g) of ground chicken
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 3 bell peppers, deseeded and diced
- 20 white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 chili peppers, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
- 1 can (400 g) of diced tomatoes
- 1 can (170 g) of tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced or finely diced
- 3 Tablespoons (3 g) of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the avocado oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken, diced bacon, and diced onions and saute until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, mushrooms, and optional chili peppers to the pot and saute for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the pot. Cover and cook for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and add the garlic and fresh cilantro to the pot. Continue to cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 31 g