- 1 head of cabbage (white or red), chopped up into chunks (approx.1 inch by 2 inch)
- 3 apples (most work), peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 32 oz (1 l) chicken broth (or other broth)
- mustard (any type) to taste – omit for AIP
- salt to taste
- Place the cabbage into a large stock pot and place the apple on top. Add in the chicken broth and boil on high with the lid on for 30-40 minutes until tender (if you don’t have a lid, then please stir often and check that there’s sufficient liquid left).
- When tender, drain the cabbage and apple (feel free to drink the broth that’s left) and add mustard and salt to taste before serving.
- Serving Size: approx. 2 cups