- 2 plantains, peeled and sliced paper thin
- approx. 1/2 cup coconut oil (depends how big the saucepan is)
- cumin (or paprika)
- Place the coconut oil into a saucepan so that it’s approx. 1/4 inch thick (or use a deep fat fryer).
- Heat up the oil for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat.
- Drop in each thin slice of plantain one by one into the oil so they’re not overlapping.
- Use a perforated spoon to get the slices out as soon as they turn golden.
- Repeat until all the slices are fried
- Dust with salt and cumin (or paprika) to taste and mix well without breaking any of the chips!