Enjoy all of the flavor you loved as a kid but with ingredients that are actually good for you when you make my Paleo Pop Tarts recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups (180 g) tapioca flour (plus additional for dusting)
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon (15 g) coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chilled ghee or coconut oil, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 4 Tablespoons (60 g) Paleo Raspberry Chia Jam or preferred Paleo jam
For the icing: (optional)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) powdered coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) water
- Combine the tapioca flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the cold ghee or coconut oil to the bowl. Use your fingers to rub the fat into the flour mixture to create a fine crumb-like consistency.
- Add the whisked egg into the bowl and use your hands to combine. Continue to knead until a sticky dough forms. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and discard the plastic wrap. Divide the dough into 2 equal-size portions.
- Dust a clean work surface with tapioca flour and use a rolling pin to roll one portion of dough until approx. 1/4-inch (0.65 cm) thick. Cut the dough into 6 equal-size rectangles and place on the prepared baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough and set aside the cut rectangles.
- Place an equal amount of jam in the center of each dough rectangle on the baking tray and place the remaining cut dough on top. Use a fork to crimp the edges of the dough to help seal the jam filling.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the pop tarts are cooked through and lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pop tarts to cool completely.
- If desired, whisk to combine the powdered coconut sugar and water until smooth. Drizzle an equal amount of icing over each cooled pop tart before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 5 g