Gluten free, dairy free and egg free means wholesome goodness packed in a pie.
To soak the cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup unroasted cashew nuts (75 g)
For the pumpkin spice
- 1/2 Tablespoon (3 g) of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of ground ginger
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ground nutmeg
For the pastry case
- 1 cup (120 g) of almond flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) of ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (28 g) of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water
For the filling
- Place the cashew nuts into a bowl and cover with hot water. Leave to soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For the crust, mix together all the ingredients to form a dough. Press the dough into a greased pie dish. Bake for 10-12 min until slightly browned. Remove and allow to cool.
- For the filling, drain the soaked cashews, keeping 1/4 cup of the water. Place the drained cashews and the 1/4 cup of water you kept into a food processor. Blitz well, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl regularly. Add the coconut milk and continue to blend the mixture until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Next, dissolve the gelatin in the hot water and set aside to keep warm while you prepare the rest of the filling.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and cashew mixture in a pot and cook over low-moderate heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the erythritol and the gelatin mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the filling into the cooled pie dish and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 11 g