This soup is pretty as a picture and twice as tasty.
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) coconut oil, to cook with
- 1 large purple cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 8 cups (2 l) bone broth (or vegetable broth if vegan or vegetarian)
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add coconut oil to a large pot. Add the cabbage, carrot, celery, onion, and minced ginger.
- Saute until slightly browned.
- Then add in the tomato and bone broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Then add in the garlic and parsley and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 5 more minutes and serve.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 3 g