A sweet treat with deliciously subtle nutty flavors that hits the spot.
To soak the cashew nuts
- 1 cup (150 g) of unroasted and unsalted cashews
For the pie crust
- 1 cup (120 g) of almond flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) of ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (28 g) of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water
For the cashew layer
- Reserved soaking cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 Tablespoons (80 ml) of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons (24 g) of Erythritol
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of powdered gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of hot water
To finish the tart
- 40–50 raspberries
- Powdered Erythritol, to dust
- Place the cashew nuts into a bowl and cover with hot filtered water. Cover the bowl with cling film or a dish towel and let soak overnight.
- The next day, to make the pie crust, preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine all the crust ingredients to form a dough and press into a greased tart or pie pan. Place the tart or pie pan in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 min until the crust is slightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, drain the cashews, reserving 1/3 cup of the soaking water. Place the drained cashews and the 1/3 cup of the reserved water into a food processor or blender and combine well, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl regularly.
- Add the almond milk and Erythritol to the food processor or blender and continue to combine until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Make a gelatin egg by sprinkling the powdered gelatin over 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of lukewarm water in a small bowl. Once dissolved, whisk in 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of very hot water until completely dissolved.
- Add the hot gelatin mixture to the creamy cashew mixture in a food processor or blender and blend well to combine. Pour the creamy cashew mixture into the cooled pie crust and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
- Before serving, arrange the raspberries on top of the pie filling and dust the pie with powdered Erythritol. Refrigerate any leftover pie.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 8 g