It’s hard to have just one of these decadent cookies.
- 2 cups (240 g) almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons (14 g) flaxmeal
- 1/4 cup (28 g) coconut flour
- 3 Tablespoons (18 g) unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 beet, raw, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) ghee
- 1/3 cup (84 g) coconut sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Puree the beet and strain out the juice.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together (the beet juice, vinegar, ghee, egg, and vanilla).
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients together (almond flour, flaxmeal, coconut flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and baking powder).
- Combine both the wet and dry ingredients together in a bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop small balls of the dough onto a parchment paper lined baking tray and press down into a small cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool before enjoying.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 7 g