Classic red velvet flavor in a handheld Paleo-friendly package
For the cupcakes –
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 small beets, raw, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (120 g) coconut sugar
- 6 Tablespoons (36 g) unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
For the frosting –
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Peel the beets and chop into small pieces. Blend the beets with the vinegar and coconut oil. Then add in the rest of the cupcake ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into 12 muffin pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make the frosting by blending all the frosting ingredients together. Freeze the frosting for 30 minutes to 1 hour to make the frosting more solid. Then spread the frosting on top of the cupcakes once they’re cooled.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 14 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g