Classic red velvet flavor in a handheld Paleo-friendly package
For the cupcakes –
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 small beets, raw, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (120 g) coconut sugar
- 6 Tablespoons (36 g) unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
For the frosting –
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cashew cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut cream
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) 2 of 3 Context: QV1 Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil from Fresh, non-GMO, Sustainably Farmed Coconuts, 15 Fluid Ounces (Pack of 2) https://amzn.to/2MDahz3″>coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) coconut sugar (or other Paleo sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Peel the beets and chop into small pieces. Blend the beets with the vinegar and coconut oil. Then add in the rest of the cupcake ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into 12 muffin pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make the frosting by blending all the frosting ingredients together. Freeze the frosting for 30 minutes to 1 hour to make the frosting more solid. Then spread the frosting on top of the cupcakes once they’re cooled.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 14 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g