- 3lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (for pan searing)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (6oz) cans tomato paste
- 3 peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes (or onion powder)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- Cut the flank steak into two inch wide strips (against the grain).
- Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a large frying pan and turn the heat to high. Pan sear half of the flank steak strips – leave in the frying pan for around 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the other half of the flank steak strips.
- Place all the ingredients and the seared flank steak strips into the slow cooker.
- Using your hands, make sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Set slow cooker on the low heat setting and cook for 6 hours.
- Shred the flank steak and mix everything together just before eating.