These pork ribs boast Asian flavors that are sure to please the whole family.
- 2 lbs (900 g) of baby back ribs
- 1/2 medium onion (55 g), peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon (10 g) of garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of ginger powder
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) of chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) of Chinese 5-spice seasoning
- pinch erythritol
- green onions, sliced to garnish
- Place the rack of pork ribs into a slow cooker. You may have to halve the rack to fit snugly into your cooker. Add the onions, garlic paste, ginger paste, and chicken broth. If the ribs aren’t completely covered, add a little more stock until they are. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Remove the ribs and set aside, covered with foil to stay warm.
- Transfer the onions and stock from the slow cooker to a clean pot on the stove top. Use a hand blender to blitz well, then add the tamari and Chinese 5-spice. Reduce the mixture over moderately high heat until thick and jammy. Taste the marinade and stir in a pinch of erythritol if you want a little bit of sweetness added.
- Brush this marinade over the warm ribs and garnish with sliced green onions.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 930
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 75 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 50 g