An easy chicken dinner with an optional glaze.
- Thinly slice one and half lemons, saving the remaining half to juice. Set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and fry the chicken thighs until the skins are golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the same pan and fry until golden and caramelized.
- Place the chicken, mushrooms, slices of lemon, and thyme leaves into a slow cooker then add in the chicken broth and squeeze over the remaining lemon. Cover and lcook for 2 hours.
- Once done cooking, remove the chicken, lemon, and mushrooms using a slotted spoon and set aside. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Tip the stock into a clean non-stick pot and reduce over high heat on the stove top until thick and glossy. Brush this glaze over the chicken thighs.
- Serve immediately, garnished with additional fresh thyme sprigs if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 17 g