- 4 lb oxtail (chopped into segments – get your butcher to do this if possible)
- 1–2 cups of water (to fill up half the crockpot/slowcooker)
- 2 14oz (400g) cans of diced tomatoes (or 10 fresh tomatoes, diced)
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 teaspoons paprika (add more if preferred)
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning (optional – great instead of paprika e.g., f you don’t like any heat in your stew)
- dash of chili powder (optional)
- salt to taste
- Place the oxtail into the slow cooker along with the water and cook on a low heat for 10 hours (the meat should be very tender and fall apart at the end).
- To make the stew when you’re ready to eat, add the tomatoes, garlic, and spices into a saucepan with the oxtail (you can cook it in multiple batches if necessary) and stew for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.