This is a great recipe to test out the water bath method.
- 2 fillet steaks (approx. 4.2oz / 120g each)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil, additional to fry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- water bath, sous-video bags, and vacuum sealer
- Fill a water bath with water and preheat to 130°F (54°C). It usually buzzes or notifies you when it’s preheated.
- Place each fillet steak into individual sous-vide bags and add a tablespoon of olive oil, a sprig of rosemary, and a sprig of thyme into each bag. Use a vacuum sealer to seal both bags under full pressure.
- Place the bags into the preheated water bath, ensuring they are fully submerged under the water. Leave in the water bath for 35 minutes.
- Remove the bags from the water bath and allow to rest for 10 minutes before opening. Discard the bags and the herbs.
- To finish, heat the olive oil in a pan and once very hot, sear the outsides of both steaks for 20-30 seconds on each side to get some good color and caramelization.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately with your favorite side.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 512
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 47 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 21 g