A meaty sauce that’s prime for Paleo
- 2 lbs (900 g) of ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) avocado oil, to cook with
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (400 g) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (400 g) tomato sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely diced or minced
- 1 cup (32 g) fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized or shredded or peeled into long noodle-like strands
- Extra basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Sauté the ground beef and onions for 10 minutes on high heat with the avocado oil.
- Pour the ground beef, onions, basil, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and garlic into a large baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Then carefully stir in the zucchini noodles, let sit for 5 minutes, and serve.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 406
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 21 g