These spicy skewers are just the thing to add some zing to your BBQ.
- 14 oz of beef steak (400g), cut into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of Chinese 5-spice powder
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of gluten-free tamari sauce (or coconut aminos)
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly chopped cilantro, to serve
- Cut the beef steaks into large cubes and place in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk to combine the spices, olive oil, and tamari sauce to the bowl. Season with salt, to taste.
- Add the spice mixture to the bowl and mix well to ensure the beef cubes are completely covered by the mixture. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to marinate for 45 to 50 minutes. If using wood skewers, place them to soak in a bowl of water while the beef is marinating.
- When ready to cook, thread an equal number of beef cubes tightly onto the skewers.
- Place the skewers in a grill pan or skillet over high heat or place on a barbecue grill over direct heat. Cook for 1 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or longer for well-done.
- Serve the skewers garnished with the chopped cilantro.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 2 skewers
- Calories: 663
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 56 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 34 g