- 1 sweet potato or yam
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup celery
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup liver, diced
- 3/4 cup cranberries, dried or fresh (optional)
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, whisked (omit for AIP)
- 3/4 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Peel and then cube the sweet potato or yam. Mix with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and place in a large baking dish (3 quart or 2.8 liter). I used a 9 by 13 inch dish.
- Bake sweet potato cubes for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook the diced onions with the ground turkey until both are cooked.
- Add the celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme to the saucepan and cook for a few extra minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, saute the liver in a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven carefully and add in everything from the saucepan, the parsley, the liver, the apples, (cranberries), chicken or turkey stock, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, the whisked 2 eggs, and the salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together well.
- Stuff into the turkey, or if you want to eat the stuffing by itself, cook for 20 minutes in the oven at 375F.