You will never miss the beans when you have a bowl of this delicious beanless sweet potato chili.
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion (110 g), chopped
- 2 teaspoons (6 g) minced garlic
- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef
- 2 small sweet potatoes (260 g), diced
- 1 can (14 oz or 400 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz or 59 g) green chilies
- 3 cups (720 ml) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to the pot and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and saute until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft to your liking, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 14 g