A low carb classic stir fry that must be enjoyed with chopsticks.
- 2 3-oz packs (170 g) of shirataki noodles
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 2 skinless, deboned chicken breasts (400 g), diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper (60 g), seeds removed and sliced into strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper (60 g), seeds removed and sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves (6 g), peeled and minced
- 2 Tablespoons (10 g) of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 oz (80 g) of bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 Tablespoons (35 g) of tomato ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon (8 ml) of gluten-free tamari sauce
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Rinse the shirataki noodles under cold water, then place in a pan with simmering water on the stove to keep warm while you prepare the dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok and once hot, fry the chicken pieces until lightly colored and cooked through. Reduce the heat to moderate and add the peppers, garlic, ginger, and bamboo. Cook for two minutes until they have softened and started to caramelize.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, and tamari to the wok. Cook the mixture until the sauce reduces and coats the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve immediately over the warm, drained noodles and garnish with chopped cilantro.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 27 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 48 g