Delicious chocolate walnut brownies that are made from real ingredients and are completely Paleo-friendly.
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (32 g) cacao powder
- 1/3 cup (80 g) coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) melted coconut oil, cooled to room temperature
- 1/3 cup (40 g) finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup (53 g) chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the whisked eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and chopped walnuts to the bowl and mix to form a smooth batter. If desired, use a rubber spatula to fold-in the optional chocolate chips until completely incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the brownies are cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing the browning from the pan and cutting into squares.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g