- 2 fuyu persimmons
- 2 Tablespoons butternut squash puree
- 2 Tablespoons ground pecans (simply grind whole, unsweetened pecans in a blender or food processor)
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash of cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice off the top of the persimmon (keep the top) and carefully scoop out the inside with a paring knife and place the insides in a bowl.
- Puree the butternut squash with the scooped out insides of the persimmons (I found the bullet blenders to work well with small amounts to puree). Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Pour the puree into each persimmon cup so that it fills the cups pretty much to the top.
- Top with ground pecans.
- Place the top of the persimmon back on.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Oh, and also eat immediately, because – as I found out – everyone else will eat them more quickly than you think. And then they’re all gone. Sad.