Serves 8 Sweetness: Medium
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla crème stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place eight 1-cup wide-mouth Mason jars on a large baking sheet.
- To make the crust, pulse together the almond flour and salt in a food processor. Add the coconut oil and stevia and pulse until the mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of parchment paper and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- To make the filling, place the apples, apple juice, lemon juice, arrowroot powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl, and toss to combine. Transfer the apples to the Mason jars so that each one is overfull. Divide the remaining juice from the bottom of the bowl between the jars.
- Remove the dough from the freezer, place between 2 pieces of parchment paper generously dusted with almond flour, and roll out the dough 1/4 inch thick. Remove the top sheet of parchment. Using the top of a wide-mouth Mason jar, cut out 8 circles of dough and place one on? top of each apple-filled Mason jar.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the juices are bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Serve the tartlets hot out of the oven.