- 1 lb fresh (wet) kombu seaweed, also known as haida (available at many Asian supermarkets), or 4oz dried kombu
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 2 red peppers (chilies), finely chopped (optional)
- Boil the kombu in water for 30 minutes (or until very tender – the dried kombu might need longer), then cool before cutting into thin strips (unless it’s pre-cut into strips).
- Mix well with the crushed garlic, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, and coconut aminos/tamari soy sauce.
- Add salt to taste and chopped red peppers for extra flavor and color.