- 4 slices organic, pasture-raised bacon
- 5 organic, pasture-raised chicken legs (or 1 whole chicken cut into pieces)
- 1 package (10 oz) mushrooms, each cut in half
- 2 large or 3 medium organic onions, chopped
- Unrefined sea salt to taste
- Organic pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 large organic carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup organic dry red wine
- 2 Tablespoon organic tomato paste
- 2 organic bay leaves
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon. When it is crunchy, remove it from the skillet, crumble it, and set it aside for later.
- In the skillet with the bacon grease, brown the chicken on all sides.
- Place the browned chicken in a slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves and sprinkle with the crispy bacon before serving.