- 3lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- 2 14.5oz cans of diced tomato
- 1.5 6oz cans of tomato paste
- 10 fresh basil leaves, diced (optional)
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- salt to taste
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large stockpot on high heat.
- Add the diced onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the beef is browned.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and tomato paste and stew on medium heat with the lid on for 1.5 hours – stir regular to make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the crushed garlic and diced basil leaves and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
Recipe can be easily doubled – just use two large pots.
- Serving Size: large bowl