Home » Blog » Paleo Diet » Paleo Diet Recipes » Paleo Breakfast Recipes » Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash Recipe [Paleo, AIP, Gluten-Free]
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash Recipe [Paleo, AIP, Gluten-Free]
This breakfast recipe is a fantastic way to use any leftover meats from the night before. It’s also a great opportunity to add in your favorite herbs. I used leftover beef when I made this, but it would work with leftover turkey, chicken, or ham. So, remember this recipe for the morning after Christmas dinner!
This recipe is pretty easy to make – the sweet potato and zucchini add a sweet touch to the dish, and adding in your favorite herbs will enable you to customize this recipe to suit your tastes (as well as what you have handy). I used fresh thyme when I made it, but rosemary, cilantro, basil, and parsley.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash [Paleo, AIP, Gluten-Free] Infographic – Please Pin
STEP 1: Chop your veggies.
STEP 2: Shred the sweet potatoes and zucchini using the shredding attachment of your food processor (or use a grater).
STEP 3: Place coconut oil into the saute pan (or skillet) and then add in the shredded sweet potatoes and zucchini. Saute until they soften.
STEP 4: Next, add in the leftover meat.
STEP 5: Add in your favorite herbs.
STEP 6: Saute until the sweet potato is tender. Then serve.
- 1 sweet potato, shredded
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup leftover meat, shredded (approx. 6 oz)
- 1 Tablespoon (2 g) fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped (or use 1 tsp (1 g) dried thyme or use other herbs of your choosing)
- 1 Tablespoons (15 ml) coconut oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Place 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil into a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add in the shredded sweet potato, shredded zucchini, and left over meat. Cook until the sweet potato starts to get tender (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add in the herbs and salt to taste.