- Hard boil the eggs in water.
- After the eggs are hard boiled, cool the eggs and crack the shell so that the shell is still intact but very cracked.
- Add the tea bags, salt, cinnamon, Szechuan pepper, star anise, black pepper, and tamari sauce (optional) into a large pot.
- Add the cracked eggs into the pot.
- Add 6-8 cups of water to the pot (ensuring the eggs are covered).
- Simmer on a low heat with the lid on.
- Remove the tea bags after 30 minutes.
- Continue simmering with the lid on for 3.5 more hours.
- Cool the eggs and remove the shell.