- 4 lobster tails (approx. 1 lb with shell)
- Equipment – a steamer
- seasoning/ghee (optional – I like my lobster plain)
- Defrost the lobster tails if they’re frozen.
- Fill the pot halfway with water. Place the steamer attachment on top of the pot and put the lid on top of the steamer attachment. Now heat the pot on high heat until the water is boiling.
- After the water is boiling, carefully place the lobster tails (ideally with tongs so you don’t burn yourself) onto the steamer attachment – remember to put the lid back on.
- Set a timer for exactly 10 minutes, and remove the lobster tails immediately when the timer goes off. If you’re using fresh lobster, you can steam it for 8-9 minutes. Note that the time changes depending on how much lobster you’re steaming! Check the post for more timing options.
- Serving Size: 1 lobster tail