- 4 Tablespoons of avocado oil (60 ml)
- 1 medium onion (110 g), peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic (12 g), peeled and chopped
- 1 lb of diced beef (450 g)
- 10 white button mushrooms (100 g), chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers (240 g), chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) passata (or tomato sauce)
- 1/2 cup of beef broth (120 ml) or bone broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley (2 g) for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder (optional), to thicken the sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add avocado oil to a pot and sauté the chopped onion and garlic until they’re softened.
- Then add the diced beef and sauté until the beef is browned.
- Add the mushrooms and peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the bay leaf, smoked paprika, beef stock and passata and reduce the heat to very low.
- Simmer with the lid on for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. You may need to add a dash or two of water if needed. The stew is ready when the beef is tender.
- To thicken the sauce, mix the tablespoon of arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Then pour the arrowroot mixture into the pot and stir gently for 1 minute.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve the goulash over cauliflower rice or mashed sweet potato and garnish with chopped parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts. Net Carbs: 7 g
- Calories: 465
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 38 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 21 g