People that are not on a diet are such suckers sometimes. Sure. They are happy eating whatever they wish, but they typically end up eating the same things over and over. Like a crusted chicken, they always use some sort of flour or breading. While we on the Paleo diet are forced to think outside the box and get wonderful recipes such as this one.
Breaded chicken may look good, but why not kick it up a notch and add some real flavor and texture. For this recipe, I decided to crust chicken in one of the best nuts available. One try of this Paleo macadamia crusted chicken recipe with roasted peppers, and you will be so happy that you decided to diet.
“Breading” Your Chicken
We know you are just going to love the crust on this chicken. It is more than just some boring breading. We have included spices, macadamia nuts, and shredded coconut to make this one of the most delicious pieces of chicken you’ll ever have. The trick is getting a perfect crust.
To start with, make sure that your macadamia nuts are crushed to a small enough size that they can stick to the chicken. Also, be sure to have a nice coating of the egg before adding the dry ingredients. If there is not enough egg, the nuts will not stick. And, try to be sure that the entirety of the chicken is covered.
Roasting Bell Peppers
I don’t know why you don’t see roasted bell peppers as a side dish more often. They are incredibly simple to make, and they are full of nutrients and flavor. Plus, you can use as many different colors as you can find.
The trick to roasting bell peppers is, there is no trick. It is that simple. Tossed in a little oil, so the skin does not burn, and a little salt and pepper for flavor and they are ready to go in the oven. From there you can cook them to your desired texture – they are best once they start to brown on the outside.
Other Keto-Friendly Crusts
This recipe is amazing, and you are going to love it. Not just for the incredible flavor, but also for how easy it is to make such a great meal. Once you have mastered this recipe, try these other Keto-friendly ingredients that you can use for a crust:
- Almond flour
- Pork rinds
- Coconut flour
A low carb chicken sure to impress.
For the chicken:
For the roasted peppers:
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Mix together the macadamia, shredded coconut, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces into the whisked egg. Then place the chicken pieces into the nut and seasoning mixture to coat it.
- Toss the sliced bell peppers in the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking tray and place the “breaded” chicken pieces on it. Place the bell pepper slices on a separate greased baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes – make sure the chicken is cooked and the pepper slices are slightly browned. Keep the peppers in the oven for longer if needed.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 531
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 39 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 29 g