For the Paleo pesto recipe:
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 1.5 cups (50 g) basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of pine nuts (16 g) (or walnuts)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- Dash of salt and pepper
For the stuffed chicken breast:
- Blend all the pesto ingredients together in a blender.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and rub a pinch of cayenne pepper over them.
- Make a deep incision on one side of each chicken breast.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the chicken on both sides until golden. Remove from the heat and place on a work surface. They will still be fairly raw on the inside so be mindful of the utensils and your work surface.
- Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, spread the inside pockets with the pesto and place a few pieces of sun-dried tomatoes in each.
- Place on a roasting tray and place in the oven for an additional 20 minutes until the chicken has sufficiently cooked all the way through.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 641
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 48 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 48 g