- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) avocado oil
- 10 white button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 lb (225 g) ground chicken
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of gluten-free tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chili, finely diced or sliced (optional)
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Add avocado oil to a large frying pan and sauté the mushrooms and carrot until caramelized. Add the garlic, ginger, and ground chicken and cook until the chicken has cooked thoroughly, stirring regularly. Stir in the vinegar, tamari sauce, and sesame oil.
- Spoon the mixture into large, open lettuce leaves and scatter over the spring onions, chili, and cilantro. Wrap the leaves in on themselves and secure with toothpicks.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 21 g