For the meatballs:
- 2 chicken breasts (approx. 1 lb)
- 1/4 lb of spinach
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 10 basil leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil to cook in
For the Plum Balsamic Sauce:
- Place the chicken breasts, spinach, salt, basil leaves, garlic, and olive oil into a food processor and process well.
- Make ping-pong sized balls from the meat mixture.
- Add the olive oil or avocado oil to a frying pan and fry the meatballs for 5 minutes on medium heat (fry in 2 batches if necessary). Turn and fry for another 10 minutes. Make sure the meatballs don’t get burnt.
- Meanwhile make the plum balsamic sauce – place the pitted plums, balsamic vinegar, raw honey, and water into a blender and blend well.
- Pour half the sauce into the frying pan with the meatballs and turn up the heat. Brown the meatballs in the sauce – keep turning the meatballs in the sauce until the sauce is gone and the meatballs are brown.
- Check the meatballs are fully cooked by cutting into one or using a meat thermometer.
- Serve the meatballs with the rest of the sauce.
Mg – 80mg from spinach, + 126mg from chicken breasts
Tryptophan – 1200mg from chicken breasts