- 1 cup coconut cream (from the top of a can of refrigerated coconut milk)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (or other sweetener of choice or can be increased or omitted)
- 1 Tablespoon loose black tea leaves
- Pinch of masala tea spice blend (recipe here or purchase on Amazon here)
- Heat the coconut cream and water in a saucepan.
- Add in the honey/sweetener, the tea, and the spice blend. Mix well.
- Heat at a low simmer for approx. 4-5 minutes.
- Taste the tea and add more honey/sweetener or spices to taste.
- Pour through a strainer (to remove the tea leaves) and serve immediately.