- 2.5 lb beef chuck short ribs, cut into chunks (or other stew meat)
- 6 plantains (ripe or green), skin removed and cut into chunks
- 3 cups of chopped collard greens (can use other vegetables instead)
- 3 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of paprika
- 1/4 cup of garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Place all the ingredients into the crockpot.
- Set crockpot on low temperature and cook for 8 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add salt to taste.