- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 Tablespoon of dried oregano (3 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of lime juice (15 ml)
- 1 Tablespoon of cumin powder (6 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of chili powder (6 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of paprika (6 g)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (60 ml) (optional)
- 1 medium onion (110 g), chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic (18 g), minced
- 2 lbs of pork shoulder (900 g), boneless
- 2 cups of chicken broth (480 ml)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To serve with:
- Lettuce leaves, to wrap
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Chopped cilantro
- Mix the olive oil, oregano, lime juice, cumin powder, chili powder, paprika, orange juice, salt and pepper together.
- Place the pork shoulder into the slow cooker and pour the mixture and rub in.
- Set the slow cooker to cook for 8 hours on low heat.
- When it’s ready, remove the meat and any onions from the slow cooker.
- Shred the meat and season with extra salt to taste.
- Enjoy with the lettuce wraps, lime wedges, and chopped cilantro.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 36 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 40 g