- 2/3 lb (300 g) ground beef
- 1/4 onion, diced small
- 1 bell pepper, diced small
- 2 Tablespoons (4 g) cilantro, diced small
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ginger, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil to cook in
- 8 large cabbage leaves (savoy cabbage or Napa cabbage)
- Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a frying pan and sauté the onions, ground beef, and peppers on medium heat in the frying pan.
- When the beef is cooked, add in the cilantro, ginger, garlic, cumin powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water. Bring to a boil.
- Using tongs, blanch each cabbage leaf in the boiling water (put each leaf into the boiling water for 20 seconds). Then drain, and place the cabbage leaf on a plate.
- Spoon the beef mixture onto each lettuce leaf and fold into a roll
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 375
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 26 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 30 g