Gluten-Free Thai Fried Bananas Recipe [Paleo, AIP]
Fried bananas is a popular dessert at many Thai restaurants, but they often use regular wheat flour as well as additional sugars in the dish. So, if you want to enjoy Thai fried bananas without all the junk, then give this recipe a try. It’s gluten-free, Paleo, and AIP-friendly.
This is what Thai fried bananas looks like when ordered at a Thai restaurant:
Gluten-Free Thai Fried Bananas Recipe [Paleo, AIP] – Step-by-step Instructions and Photos
Chop up a banana into half and then into thin slices lengthwise. Each banana makes 6 slices.
Make the batter by mixing together the tapioca flour, the coconut flour, the honey, and the water. You can omit the honey from the batter for a less sweet version.
Mix all the batter ingredients together to form a thick paste.
Dip the banana slices into the batter.
Place the coconut oil into a frying pan on high heat. Place the banana slices with batter into the frying pan. The batter slips off the banana slices very easily, so as soon as you dip the bananas into the batter, drop them into the frying ban.
Fry the banana slices until the batter turns golden (use tongs to turn them over).
Serve immediately while they’re still hot.
Pinterest Image for Gluten-Free Thai Fried Bananas Recipe [Paleo, AIP]
- Make the batter by mixing together all the batter ingredients to make a thick paste.
- Slice the banana in half and then into thin slices lengthwise.
- Place the coconut oil into a frying pan on hot heat.
- Dip the banana slices into the batter and drop immediately into the coconut oil (the batter comes off easily).
- Fry until golden.
- Place on paper towels to soak up the excess oil. Drizzle with honey (optional) and serve.