- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (or other Paleo fat like olive oil, lard, tallow, bacon grease, duck fat)
- Slice off a thin slice from each end of the squash, and then cut open the spaghetti squash lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds from the inside of the spaghetti squash.
- Using your hands, slather some coconut oil (or olive oil, bacon fat, tallow, lard, duck fat) throughout the inside of the squash.
- Place in microwaveable tray, cover with a paper towel, and microwave for 5 minutes on high.
- Check how tender the squash is after 5 minutes and microwave for 1-2 extra minutes if not soft to the touch. Add more time if needed, but check every 1-2 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and use a fork to take off the “spaghetti” strands.