- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil (45 ml), to cook with
- 1 yellow onion (110 g), peeled and diced
- 2 green bell peppers (240 g), diced
- 1 chili pepper, diced (optional)
- 15 button mushrooms (150 g), chopped
- 1 lb of ground beef (450 g)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder (or to taste)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (400 g)
- 1 can tomato paste (170 g)
- 1 cup of bone broth (240 ml)
- 5 cloves of garlic (15 g), peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped spring onions, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the diced onions. Cook until the onions turn translucent, then add the garlic, green peppers, chili peppers, and mushrooms. Fry until partially caramelized, then add the ground beef and all the spices and cook until the beef has browned.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn heat down to a simmer and cook for 50 minutes until the flavour has gotten into the meat and most of the liquid has cooked down.
- Add in the garlic and then cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice and garnish with chopped spring onions.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 23 g