This one-pan paleo beef and broccoli recipe is loaded with flavor but without a lot of hard-to-find ingredients.
- 1 head of broccoli (1 lb or 450 g), broken into small florets
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) avocado oil, to cook with
- 1 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1lb (450 g) flank steak, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon (15 g) coconut sugar (optional)
- 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) water, divided (plus additional to steam broccoli)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) xanthan gum
1 teaspoon (5 g) sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and 1-inch (2 ½ cm) of water to the skillet. Cover and steam the broccoli for about 2 minutes. Remove the lid and drain any excess liquid.
- Add the avocado oil, garlic and fresh ginger to the skillet and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced steak, coconut aminos and optional coconut sugar to the skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) of water and lime juice to the skillet to deglaze the pan, using a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, and continue to saute for about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk to combine the xanthan gum and the remaining 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of water until smooth with no lumps remaining.
- While constantly stirring, pour the xanthan mixture into the skillet and continue to stir until the sauce is thick to your liking. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish the beef and broccoli with the sesame seeds and serve immediately.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 23 g