- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 red pepper (4 oz or 120 g), diced
- 1 white onion (4 oz or 110 g), diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1lb (450 g) ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ground cumin
- 1 cup (240 ml) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 cup (90 g) pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup (40 g) raisins
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break into small pieces.
- Add the tomato paste and ground cumin to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes, until the beef is slightly caramelized.
- Add the tomato sauce, beef broth, green olives, and raisins to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the picadillo by itself or with your favorite Paleo side dish.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 18 g
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 4 g