These savory paleo popovers are light and airy like your favorite traditional popovers but without all of the gluten and carbs.
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) ghee, divided
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) egg whites (approx. 3 eggs)
- 2 whole eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup (32 g) arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Place 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of ghee in the bottom of 4 cups of a muffin pan. Place the muffin pan in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the ghee.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk to combine the egg whites with the whole eggs until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Carefully remove the muffin pan from the oven and add 1/2 cup (120 ml) of batter into each cup.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 F (175 C) and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes until the popovers are golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 123
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 5 g